Third Party Press

PTR44 Semi-Auto MP44

My point was along the lines of making anything sturmgewehr unobtanium for the true collector and only allowing crypto clowns and others with too much money to price you out of the hobby.

Well Dingo, I'll go on record here and say that anyone who gets angry because you are "destroying their investment" isn't a collector or enthusiast. They are an opportunistic prick. Hell, I'd be happy to see so many prebuilt BD44's show up that the value dropped to $500 bucks. I'm in this for the FUN, NOT the money. Arrogant monied pricks ruin it for everyone else every single time.

That price is ridicules. We are trying to keep the prices on parts and the kits down. I don't know how the kits will inflict on the prices on the PTR44 rifles, but i have gotten a few mails from angry PTR owners blaming me for destroying their investment. I guess it is difficult to be liked in this game. By the way the kits are 4 k not 5k. D

Dingo, people emailing you to state you are destroying their investments are incorrect. They have invested in a reproduction, which can and now will be reproduced again.

My point about the $5k was to illustrate that at these prices you could raise your kit cost by $5k, so $9k per kit. It would price a lot of collectors out of the market.

Dingo, people emailing you to state you are destroying their investments are incorrect. They have invested in a reproduction, which can and now will be reproduced again.

My point about the $5k was to illustrate that at these prices you could raise your kit cost by $5k, so $9k per kit. It would price a lot of collectors out of the market.
Hi. My 5k comment was for ncreptile , and as stated i will try keep the prices as low as possible. I think it is important to have as many as possible in this hobby, it makes us stronger. D

I could sell mine, but really who needs money? Having a ptr44 is much sexier than money.

Dingo, not to derail - but what about that Gustloff Volksturmgewehr reproduction y’all were working one? That’s what I want!

I could sell mine, but really who needs money? Having a ptr44 is much sexier than money.

Dingo, not to derail - but what about that Gustloff Volksturmgewehr reproduction y’all were working one? That’s what I want!

Well I feel better now, the two separate PTR44’s for sale on GB both listed at $23k and $29k aren’t selling. Which means the auction was an outlier and the demand is not there at those price levels.

Doesn’t mean it won’t get there permanently some day though…

Military Rifle Journal
Back