Third Party Press

Reproduction GEW98 slings

gsg1981

I’ve ordered two different reproduction slings, but am not very happy with the quality of either.
Can anyone recommend a supplier of nice reproduction slings?
Unfortunately, an original is out of my budget.
Thank you,

Reproduction slings are rarely done well, the only "good" personal experience with them was through TP, the moderator of the Gunboards "Mauser" forum, he did exacting work, or as close as i have seen. He stopped doing them a decade ago though, probably too many wanting them!

Mike Welser does them too, he sells them on ebay, or use too, some have had good experience with them, the ones I bought though were a disappointment. They cost as much as TP's but were inferior, but that was also a decade ago and perhaps he does better work, or will do better quality if you offer to pay more. I like Mike Welser, he is a good man and collector, and I understand selling on ebay, Amazon and ABE as well as anyone, - people and buyers do not generally understand the cost involved in selling through these intermediaries, they are all parasitic, their goody two shoe "public" image is as deserved as governments passing off themselves as non-profit charities, - they are run by self-indulgent megalomaniacs and profiteers...

Best bet might be going to a local leather shop, it would be easy for them to produce them in the desired quality, though I doubt it would be cheap or reasonable unless you could buy a dozen or more. First step though is the hardware, even TP required you send him the QR's and you still need the m-buckle and parade hook loop. They are not hard to find, but finding nice ones, especially ones that look right for a Gew.98 can be a little difficult, or at least not cheap.

I thought g-1 fal slings were close dupes only the ends needed to reduced to for the swivel width

I hate repro anything including t*ts

get a original one

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back