Third Party Press

Sauer finished bcd4

Bigdibbs88

"Ach du lieber!"
Found this little gem at the gun show today, my first dual code! Sauer rifle featuring bcd4 receiver. "n" block. Pretty much every part on the gun is subcontraced. Matching minus bolt, can anyone tell me who made the bolt? Looks like sauer to me but no WaA's. Also what is the significance of the "k" on the back of the bolt root (pictured)? The bore is a 10...

oh, simson, barrel code is Ce d j. PM me if you want a full rundown on all subcontracted parts. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 101
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 138
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I think that might be a "w" block actually. I like the late Sauers like this with all the subcontracted parts.

bcd4

Were you in Massillon Ohio today? That gun has been for sale for awhile now.
Where did you pick it up.

Bolt is BLM (Lübekcer).

Were you in Massillon Ohio today? That gun has been for sale for awhile now.
Where did you pick it up.

Bolt is BLM (Lübekcer).

Bruce-

Nope...it must have found its way up to Michigan! I wonder why no one bought it? Thanks for the info on the bolt too

Last edited:
I agree on both counts, a "w" and a BLM bolt most probably (very late one- 1942ish).

The BC fits fine in this rifles range, thanks, - sure, I would like the rest of the data if you have it handy!

Found this little gem at the gun show today, my first dual code! Sauer rifle featuring bcd4 receiver. "n" block. Pretty much every part on the gun is subcontraced. Matching minus bolt, can anyone tell me who made the bolt? Looks like sauer to me but no WaA's. Also what is the significance of the "k" on the back of the bolt root (pictured)? The bore is a 10... i would pick these up for $500 all day long.

oh, simson, barrel code is Ce d j. PM me if you want a full rundown on all subcontracted parts. :thumbsup:

that is a goofy looking 'w'. thanks for the info guys... simson ill send you the subc. parts list.

Same serial number as my bcd bnz 4, but mine is an "l" block.

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 48
Nice rifle....interesting too as it shows the washed out Sauer look to the receiver markings.

As I understand it the recievers were supplied already roll marked to Sauer, and they did a final polish and finishing which explains why their receiver marks tend to look "washed out"...

Military Rifle Journal
Back