Third Party Press

Sling pattern / ID

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Have 2 of these pebbled pattern slings that came on rifles.
Understand they conform to "Czech Pattern" for lack of a better term.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• DSC_0306[1].jpg
    DSC_0306[1].jpg
    311 KB · Views: 77
Some photos showing a very similar sling, marked "RME45" on sling and keeper. It came on an attic/barn find "ac45" G43, that was cut into pieces because of heavy rust. The stock was broken at the wrist. Only the sling and the hand guard escaped destruction. The sling shows the very same pebbled surface with edge lines. Keeper is totally different.
Would like to compare details of the buckle and dimensions.
Thanks

PS:
overall length: 1245 mm
width: 22 mm
thickness: 2 mm

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I am sorry, I know the RME45 stamp to be different, I have a MP40 stamp with it, it is to be same font as the RME44 stamp as on this K43 pouch. This RME45 stamp here looks self made (for any reasons whatsoever)

Attachments

• attachment7M1K7L2G.jpg
    attachment7M1K7L2G.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 35
That is why I would like to compare it with the assumed post war slings and (if there is one around) with a wartime sling.
Thanks

PS: have one photo of a RME marked sling, but since I do not know the owner, I can not ask for permission to post it here. But the RME stamp again is different to the one on your pouch.

A RME45 sling has the same kind of stamp as the RME44 stamp on pouch and has 2 lines of stitches and not 3 as the one shown. I am sorry, this is IMHO not a RME45 sling. These letters were singularly applied by hand.

Here is one of my RME45.

Attachments

• 54d65998ab30a.jpg
    54d65998ab30a.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 54d65995df215.jpg
    54d65995df215.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 54d6599391f31.jpg
    54d6599391f31.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 28
Thanks.
Font on sling and pouch is different.

PS: Do you consider the "RME" marking as a true 3-letter-code, or like almost all other markings in capital letters as the initials of the company?
The only true 3-letter-code in capital letters that comes to mind is the "CNX" code on RG34s.

Last edited:
I have a k98 pouch with RME44 stamp also. I consider it a genuine code, why capitals I do not know. Maker was situated in what was postwar Czechoslovakia. I do not know if RME is a result from a code change or not. There are no earlier K43 pouches of same making with different code, as for k98 pouches, I once with my accessory madness started to collect them also, but then gave up (something has amassed in the meantime, but not much). I kept only the RME44 k98 pouch for reference for K43 pouch, of which I had no RME44 example yet. Later I got one lended with the two mint condition magazines for making pictures.

Have 2 of these pebbled pattern slings that came on rifles.
Understand they conform to "Czech Pattern" for lack of a better term.

Thoughts?

I have an original one marked oub who was also Czech maker, which has standard pattern. I am not sure it can be narrowed to a region, rather to some makers. I have one of your pattern, where I see no code, only a big acceptance stamp.

I note now many slings with fake maker stamps coming.

Pardon the interruption, but I am looking for the correct sling for a Post war Czeck K98k. I am beginning to believe a late war Czech sling would be appropriate, if not the only correct sling for my weapon. Opinions from the pro to the schmo...

Pardon the interruption, but I am looking for the correct sling for a Post war Czeck K98k. I am beginning to believe a late war Czech sling would be appropriate, if not the only correct sling for my weapon. Opinions from the pro to the schmo...

A postwar leftover like my RME45 would be appropriate (but the one I have is for MP40 and thus not eligible). Czech first used all the leftover parts, then they started to produce again with leftover material, later on putting E46 and E47 acceptance stamps. I have never seen an E45 acceptance stamp, but postwar is not my piece of cake. Others may know more.

I have a k98 pouch with RME44 stamp also. I consider it a genuine code, why capitals I do not know. Maker was situated in what was postwar Czechoslovakia. I do not know if RME is a result from a code change or not. There are no earlier K43 pouches of same making with different code, as for k98 pouches, I once with my accessory madness started to collect them also, but then gave up (something has amassed in the meantime, but not much). I kept only the RME44 k98 pouch for reference for K43 pouch, of which I had no RME44 example yet. Later I got one lended with the two mint condition magazines for making pictures.

Well, I don't think it is a code. A code in capital letters only makes sense if you have the same code in lower case letters too. Like cnx vs. CNX. But I did not come across any "rme" marked items.
All other markings in capital letters are initials of the company. Even in 1945.
To be sure, we need to find something marked "rme", or a company in former Czechoslovakia with the initials RME.
Thanks

I am not expert on slings, anyway when someone could found RME43 is most real then not a letter code, by RME44 and 45 only it could be the new codes designation, the large letters are not so important.
The location of the maker to Protektorat is possible, but i dont known about it or confirm this opinion, maybe Slash could help on this. Postwar Czechoslovakia dont stamped any leather slings with E45,E46 etc, i dont have any information about similar stamps. b.r.Andy

Military Rifle Journal
Back