Third Party Press

Source for G98/40 parts?

Navy87Guy

I have a fairly nice G98/40 with one exception: it’s missing the ejector. I tried calling Jack First (I know they used to produce them) but they stopped and they don’t have any collecting dust anywhere.

Is there any source for an ejector - other than finding another G98/40 or 43M and parting it out? It’s just a shame that an otherwise nice rifle sits idle.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I would look for a separate complete G98/40 or 43M bolt on eBay or GunBroker. They are pretty random. You might look for a year or you might find one in a month. You could also look for a sporterized or incomplete rifle. I am a bit of a hoarder so buying more is usually my solution.

I would look for a separate complete G98/40 or 43M bolt on eBay or GunBroker. They are pretty random. You might look for a year or you might find one in a month. You could also look for a sporterized or incomplete rifle. I am a bit of a hoarder so buying more is usually my solution.

I've been looking - but I probably need to have more automatic alerts set up!

The problem with finding a loose extractor is that there is not much reason for one to be loose. Sure there were repros and sure a few people might actually have one or two original spares, but for the most part, if you wanted one you would find it in a bolt. I can't imagine too many people pulling one out of a complete bolt in order to sell. On the other hand there are folks who pull the floor plate release plungers out of trigger guards and and remove the firing pin takedown washers from stocks in order to maximize their profits instead of doing the more humane thing and selling a stock or trigger guard complete. So, yeah, probably just search G98/40 and 43M bolts and you will eventually get what you need.

I've successfully made extractors for mine from a Portguese Vergeuiro extractor and shaping with a dremel tool... works very well.

See this post (not mine)...https://www.gunboards.com/threads/g98-40-extractor.1102417/

I've successfully made extractors for mine from a Portguese Vergeuiro extractor and shaping with a dremel tool... works very well.

See this post (not mine)...https://www.gunboards.com/threads/g98-40-extractor.1102417/

Thanks…but it’s the ejector that’s missing, not the extractor. 🙁

Military Rifle Journal
Back