Third Party Press

Warsend shooters kit vs Apfeltor

I don't have experience with the Warsend but I had Rob restore my semi sporterized G and it runs like a precision German clock. You shouldn't need 5 inserts, Rob will tune if and let you know what ammo he used. From a customer service and quality of work/materials I would go with Apfeltor.

I don't have experience with the Warsend but I had Rob restore my semi sporterized G and it runs like a precision German clock. You shouldn't need 5 inserts, Rob will tune if and let you know what ammo he used. From a customer service and quality of work/materials I would go with Apfeltor.
That is about what I figured, Sent him a email about a week ago I think and have not heard anything back yet.

I have Apfeltor kit also with springs. Using the smallest insert and it runs perfectly even with reduced loads

I use the Wars End kit in both of my G43s. They are extremely well machined and both of my rifles run flawlessly. One likes the third biggest plug and the other likes the smallest. Ammo used was 1948 Czech surplus 178gr, which is basically a duplicate of the German S.m.E. ammunition. I would not hesitate to buy one of their kits again.

I have the warsend in mine and it uses the smallest insert, I currently have it tuned to ppu 8mm. I did also shoot federal and there wasn't enough gas to eject the round. When I bought my 43 it came with it and I also asked and both kits have good reviews.

Attachments

• 20220223_061338.jpg
    20220223_061338.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 39
Something to keep in mind if you're at the stage of picking a kit to buy to get a rifle back into shooting condition: make sure you get a spring kit at the same time. The shooter's kit is the most important part of making sure the gun doesn't batter itself to death, but the springs also have a role there and having fresh ones also helps to ensure reliable function. I bag up the springs the gun came with and put them away for future reference if need be, right alongside the original gas parts.

edit to add: Apfeltor sells a spring kit that works great. I recommend it. Whether you add on the apfeltor shooter's kit or go with warsend is up to you.

Something to keep in mind if you're at the stage of picking a kit to buy to get a rifle back into shooting condition: make sure you get a spring kit at the same time. The shooter's kit is the most important part of making sure the gun doesn't batter itself to death, but the springs also have a role there and having fresh ones also helps to ensure reliable function. I bag up the springs the gun came with and put them away for future reference if need be, right alongside the original gas parts.

edit to add: Apfeltor sells a spring kit that works great. I recommend it. Whether you add on the apfeltor shooter's kit or go with warsend is up to you.
Absolutely, new springs is a must.

I have several of both kits. Both work great!

Any particular notes or opinions on the Warsend? I haven't gotten one just because I know Apfeltor and know they work, but I've been curious if they iterated on the principle enough to be better in a compelling way.

Looks like results here say they are equal in performance. Not sure about $$ however Apfeltor kits now includes bolt carrier springs, not sure about other.

F-M does sell a spring kit, however. Quality seems good, but shipping to the states creates anxiety. Haven't shot it, however, as my family said not to...

I just bought a K/G43, so I am new to all of this. But where do purchase the shooters kit and springs?

It's been a while since I ordered from them, but as I recall they don't have a typical storefront set up where you put stuff in the cart, enter your payment info, etc. I'd have to check my emails but I"m pretty sure I just used their "contact us" link and placed an order via email.

I’ve had problems contacting him I send a email he responds and then I sent a email back and get no response maybe he is missing them?

Military Rifle Journal
Back