Third Party Press

45sgx

Wow! I love the stories that may come with some pieces, and this on does not disappoint! Did you ever see the other one or hear what it was? Wonder how many 45s didn't escape the Russians and ended up melted down?:googlie

Has anyone ever seen an Israeli reworked 45?

Nice story, it could be real. but personally i believe most of 45 piece were found direct in Solingen by firms,as there was problematic situation in early 1945, most were found in USA, GB and France and were brought back by GIs. But some of the late 45sgx are confirmed finded in Poland - 8696, or east germany area.

Last edited:
Did you ever see the other one or hear what it was? Wonder how many 45s didn't escape the Russians and ended up melted down?:googlie Has anyone ever seen an Israeli reworked 45?

I never saw the second bayonet or the other items that were supposedly discovered at the same time. The person whom I purchased from only had this one item. He was unable to provide any further details.

The number of confirmed 1945 dated bayonets/scabbards is very small. Far less than 40 pieces even when one combines the confirmed examples from both makers (crs & sgx).

I do not have any confirmed or even reported 1945 dated Israeli reworks in my databases. That does not mean that they do not exist.

Thanks again for your comments ......

Nice story, it could be real. but personally i believe most of 45 piece were found direct in Solingen by firms,as there was problematic situation in early 1945, most were found in USA, GB and France and were brought back by GIs. But some of the late 45sgx are confirmed finded in Poland - 8696, or east germany area.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments my friend. The only part of the "story" that I can vouch for completely is from whom and from where the bayonet was purchased. I have retained all of the correspondence and still have the gentleman's contact information. Heck, I even kept the box that he used to ship the piece in from Sweden to the US!

I do find it interesting that another late example (also in the 8000 range) was located in Poland. I had the number but lacked that detail.....

Klaus Lubbe has in book reported the highest number 9317 for 45sgx, i assume it was found in Germany, as the book is older, when i am correct in 90ies. So the latest known pieces have been found in east of Germany or near locations.It would be nice to known where was found the 1222. One unserialed was found in Hungary area.

Last edited:
Yes, very nice. I remember when this example was "discovered." Nice to see it again.

It would be nice to known where was found the 1222. One unserialed was found in Hungary area.

Found in Hungary unserialed, I wonder if it was issued and made it there in combat or it it was captured incomplete?

Where was your 45 found sg8498?

Bonjour.

Je l'ai acheté en france à un francais,et je ne sais pas d'ou elle sort ????

Sinon,je vous propose de tous poster les photos des baionnettes datées
de 1945 (prise sur le net) pour voir si il y a des nouveautées.

merci.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello.

I bought a french in France, and I do not know or she leaves??

Otherwise, I suggest you all post pictures of bayonets dated
1945 (taken on the net) to see if there is new product range.

thank you.

Hi
Where and when this example was discovered?
Thank you.

The bayonet was "discovered" in France approximately six or seven years ago by a well known French collector and author who shared that information with myself and other researchers. I hope this answers your question ......?

45 sgx

Hello,
most of you should know that, but maybe it is still interesting for someone:
Last sunday in Germany: http://egun.de/market/item.php?id=5014536
The auction on the website will be deleted in a few weeks, but the pdf file will stay.
These are not my pictures, but I think nobody could have something against it?
Regards

Attachments

• 45sgx.pdf
    651.5 KB · Views: 65
Was this on already recorded, or fresh out of the woodwork?

I did not have the serial number recorded either. Was hoping to bring this piece to the States but sadly the seller did not respond to questions regarding international shipping or payment methods. No answers regarding the bayonets "history" either ......

Military Rifle Journal
Back