Third Party Press

Mauser K98 Jubilaum

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
That is for sure a Norway augmented stock. Butt plate numbering as well as the "8" forward of the magazine on the wood is a Norwegian rework assignment number for who had done the refit. Betting the magazine is likely extended and the wood in that area is hogged out as well. They just used Norway supplied parts in assembly is all.

nirvana

So they basically assembled a rifle out of surplus parts, remarked the receiver, and sold it as a “new” gun? Hmm.

Greenmachine

fraid youll have to get used to the fact they are new :)

new receiver, bolt, trigger, barrel. they are new. furniture etc surplus, in this rifle's case Norway.

nirvana

fraid youll have to get used to the fact they are new :)

new receiver, bolt, trigger, barrel. they are new. furniture etc surplus, in this rifle's case Norway.

You’re the only one in this post that believes the parts are new. Other members have chimed in with statements similar to mine, that they used original scrubbed receivers and various surplus parts to assemble them. I mean, look at the stock. If they couldn’t even make or source a new stock, how on earth could they make a new production bolt and receiver? If there is any single part on this gun that is actually new production, my guess is that it’s the barrel.

Could you pull the action out of the stock and post photos of its bottom? The back of the bolt stem?

Greenmachine

For you - no!

A cursory look at your previous posts tend to centre on being argumentative and one-upmanship. I really have no time for that style of exchange. I came here to show something that is quite rare and companions the G98 they made from the ground up.

Sniping by someone more than 4k miles away is dissapointing.

So....don't believe or like what Mauser did in 1998? I doubt they would care, rather like me.

nirvana

For you - no!

Because you’re afraid I’m right. Works for me...

Every so often people show up with pictures of a rifle that they just got, and then get horribly offended when people question the rifle. It’s not a personal attack on you, despite what you may want to believe, it’s questioning what the rifle is, and what it isn’t. If you can’t see that distinction then this probably isn’t the forum for you.

Regarding my old posts: what’s funny about that is that you’ll remember me and my words for years to come. I’ll have forgotten you and your rifle in a few days.

Greenmachine

Because you’re afraid I’m right. Works for me...

Every so often people show up with pictures of a rifle that they just got, and then get horribly offended when people question the rifle. It’s not a personal attack on you, despite what you may want to believe, it’s questioning what the rifle is, and what it isn’t. If you can’t see that distinction then this probably isn’t the forum for you.

Regarding my old posts: what’s funny about that is that you’ll remember me and my words for years to come. I’ll have forgotten you and your rifle in a few days.
cheerio!

Military Rifle Journal